Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Windows 8.1
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if HP sells replacement screens for the HP Spectre x2 computer? I recognize that HP can repair the device, but find the $300 repair cost outrageous.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey ComputerGuru,

which HP Spectre x2 do you have?

Parts are available here: http://partsurfer.hp.com/

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
WOW i got quoted $700 ... so can anyone help me I have nearly got my screen off but apart from the bottom every video is saying there are screws but there is nothing on mine?
HP Recommended

@agoan1840

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you want help in replacing your display,

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern,

as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, I'm afraid HP doesn't recommend replacing the part on your own if you want to proceed either way:

Click here to view your user/service manual guide for details.

However, if the same isn't working out, I recommend you contact HP to have it replaced:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need to buy a LCD Bezel for hp spectre x2 12-a008nr. I can't fine any online anywhere. All i find is the screen

HP Recommended

Philip, Did you find one? 

I also need a Bezel (mine melted)

I also have another Issue if anyone is watching this thread;

I have installed the new screen, It all looks fine But the touch screen is Way off calibration. I attempted to calibrate, and it seemed to ack all the original signals, but stillit was off (middle of the screen is the bottom sensor!)

second time i tried, the calibrate tool would not work at the bottom of the screen at all.

oh, and the mouse pad just stopped working!

I double checked the connectors.

Im not having a good time with this.

Doug

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.