Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 630
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

I recieve the following message when i try to install the graphics driver for a HP 630 Notebook : this computer does not meet the minimum requirements

I have downloaded the correct drivers from the download page. Unfortunately due to the age of the notebook i cannot provide you with a serial number as it seems to have rubbed off....

Hope you can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Frustrating would be more appropriate.

Found a round about way to solve the problem, loaded win 8 updated the drivers and down graded to 7. Not the most efficient but seems to have solved it. Thanks for the try though

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Do you know what model processor and graphics (Only onboard Intel, or Intel/AMD switchable graphics) your notebook has?

The HP 630 model series was an odd model in that the older 630's came with the mobile intel series 5 chipset and first generation intel core processors, and the newer 630's came with the mobile intel series 6 chipset and 2nd generation intel core processors.

There are 4 graphics driver files listed on the support page, and only one of them is going to work on your specific PC.

So, let's see if we can narrow down the driver choices by you letting me know what model processor your notebook has for starts.

You can find that info in the Control Panel>System & Security>System window.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply.

Not sure on the generation of processor but it has an Intel Pentio B690 CPU. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Based on that processor, I would say you need this graphics driver if your notebook just has the onboard Intel graphics.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53964.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Again

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Tried your suggestion wich unfortunately produced the same results

HP Recommended

Interesting...

I would try each of the other Intel graphics drivers on your notebook's support page then.

If none of them work, unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

HP Recommended
Frustrating would be more appropriate.

Found a round about way to solve the problem, loaded win 8 updated the drivers and down graded to 7. Not the most efficient but seems to have solved it. Thanks for the try though
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to resolve the issue one way or the other.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.