Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP PAVILION DV7-3065DX at first about a month ago the left side about a inch in was blurred/ fuzzy as you can see in the picture below and within the last week it has moved to half of the screen.  A friend wasn't sure but he thought the ribbon cable is going out or the screen is just toast.  Anybody have any other answers or solutions? or do I need to replace the screen altogether?

IMG_1034.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello K_murphy_16,

I can see here that your screen is 50% blurry and very hard to read. I will try to and provide you the best possible solution.

Thank you for the picture that really helps, to me it looks like the screen needs to be replaced but to make 100% that’s the issue try this.

Shut down the computer then locate the F10 key on the keyboard, then turn the computer on and tap the F10 key repeatedly. If that is successful you should be on a setup utility screen which is very basic if the screen looks the same at that location you going to need to look into getting it replaced.

If you want to check and see if the cable is loose as your friend recommend here is the service manual  for this product the instructions on page 4-28. Now if your computer is still covered under warranty I would recommend you speak with the HP help desk first before taking the computer apart.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it. Also if this helps click accept solution. 

Please respond at your earliest convenience with any other questions.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.