Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I feel like I messed up a little bit, plus I have a feelings that AMD can be somehow damaged..

Next days, I plan to make a test with fresh windows on another similar machine (same type of motherboard).

I will let you know which drivers on which step failed if any.

My question was where exactly is done decision which card is used right now. Is it done by some chipset on motherboard, or is it done by cards itself?

So far we tried with graphic cards drivers, but maybe the problem is with the driver of some chipset or chipset itself (of course if it is done it his way)?

HP Recommended

That's a good question, although it doesn't change your problem, in my opinion.
Unfortunately I never researched how it worked exactly.
Anyway, there are two options that I know of, the first is via bios, changing the fixed mode, which you seem to have, but I'm not sure how exactly that works
then there is the software version, the switchover is done by the power options, and via control panel

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok, from the beginning..

I tried now on a similar machine, motherboard from HP DV6 6150ew, with i7 processor.

New fresh Win7, with the framework installed at start and win updates.

1. First of all intel HD drivers from HP does not work (sp55098, sp52473, sp54470) - "system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing"

2. Leshcatlabs - looks fine at the beginning. Intel HD installed properly, then restart and blue screen minute or max two after restart. At first I though it's something wrong with AMD  drivers (are installed after restart so it crashed in the middle of process) but same happened when I'm not installing AMD. Now it looks like it's because Intel HD drivers.. Log after recovery said it's because of.. last update of drivers.

I will try to do something more tomorrow it's already late 😉

HP Recommended

AMD drivers instalation looks fine. From beginning till end no errors (does not matter if from HP, leshcatlabs or directly from AMD) but after restart, nothing has changed. I thing it's still running or simple VGA driver.

In dev manager it recognize AMD card but with error. It's Error 43, so probably phisical damage?

Keisimisko_0-1680210872576.png

Strange is that I cannot install proper drivers on both graphics..

I tried also run HP support assistant but it doesn't see any issues there or drivers to be updated..

HP Recommended

curious, because I remember leshcatlabs drivers, worked great with many configurations
all this is so far away, I have no idea
Have you tried several Leshcatlabs drivers?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.