Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay007nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i'm warning you my english is not that good.

Here is my probleme : i want to play little videos games on my laptop so i search on the internet a way to update my drivers first and i got the right driver for the R5 M430 (linked is written on amd software).

EDIT : I just do a MAJ and the drivers goes to R5M330 again.....

After that i tried to play my games and i see that my PC has low fps so i found a way to activate my graphic card via amd software.

I have to search very far to find how i can run my games in hight performance mod,witch mean (i think and i see it on forums) that the laptop run my video card when i launch the game (witch is not the case when i am on the desktop).

I found out that without the graphic card and in eco mod (just the CPU working) my games have better fps and are not running low. Am i doing all these things right or did the CPU better that the graphic card ?

i56200U (intel HD 520) vs R5M430

EDIT 2 : I just desactivate the Intel HD graphic card and when the sreen reload the CPU was at 90-99% of use so my graphic card isn't working. Ialso check the % of use with GPU-Z witch is of 0% all the time for the Radeon GC.

EDIT I just put my game in hight performance mod and i check with GPU-Z the graphic card is working but my game is very slow... does it mean my CPU is better than my GPU ?? totally illogic thx hp for selling us dreams.

Ho and i almost forgot, so i was testing the GPU and my laptop just shut down for no reason. Maybe dangerous for the PC so the graphic card is a big probleme...

I've got another little probleme... when i do the combinasion of keyboards up+space+left (up and left are the arrows) the left key didn't work (this in all of my games). Is there any way to fix it ?

Thanks a lot for your replies !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Xtray

Thank you for replying.

I was too focused on resolving the video card issues as I'm a gamer too and I know how it feels, 

About the keyboard, i suggest you check if the left key works on the word pad, notepad or the command prompt and if it does then you need to check the settings on all your games to see if it's activated, however, if it doesn't work on any of them, it's a hardware failure and requires a replacement keyboard.

Also, I would recommend using the game with low visual settings under display settings of the game as that should work as well.

Let me know, how that goes.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Xtray,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are attempting to play certain games on your laptop, however, the performance is slow and you also want to know if your CPU is better than/or your GPU, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Here's what I need to give you an accurate solution:

What are the names of the games you are attempting to play?
Are these games compatible with your system specifications?

Did you confirm the system requirements of those games?

Have they worked before? if yes when was the last time it worked properly?

What is your product number? {so that i may provide the drivers you need from HP sources}

Awaiting your response and eager to help!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle Decipher thx for hellping me.

I'm trying to play Need For Speed : Hot Pursuit (2013 i think) and the game works better with the intel HD than with the grpahic card. I think i can say i'm around 50-60 fps with the CPU and around 30 maybe with GC.

My laptop number is : X0K24EA#ABF

And did you know anything about my keyboard probleme ?

Regards

HP Recommended

@Xtray,

Thank you for replying to my post!

I did some research and this is what I found, the games system requirements are: 

• CPU:Intel Core® 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
  • RAM:1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®
  • OS:Windows® XP SP 3 (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista® (32-64 bits) / Windows 7® (32-64 bits)
  • Video Card:GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better

And the below list contains your product specifications using your product number:

• Intel® Core ™ i5-6200U (2.3 GHz to 2.8 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • 4GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4GB)
  • Graphics Card AMD Radeon ™ R5 M430 (2 GB dedicated DDR3 memory)
  • Windows 10 Family 64

The game is compatible with your system hardware, however, it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 10 and the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

If you don't like the way windows looks after the above step, you might want to consider upgrading your RAM (Memory card).

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

I've tries many things on my PC but i think the video card is just useless.

But don't worry at the beginning i buy it  for work.

I just can't understand and find a solution about my keyboard problem, if you can help me or anybody else please.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@Xtray

Thank you for replying.

I was too focused on resolving the video card issues as I'm a gamer too and I know how it feels, 

About the keyboard, i suggest you check if the left key works on the word pad, notepad or the command prompt and if it does then you need to check the settings on all your games to see if it's activated, however, if it doesn't work on any of them, it's a hardware failure and requires a replacement keyboard.

Also, I would recommend using the game with low visual settings under display settings of the game as that should work as well.

Let me know, how that goes.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks to take care of me ^^

i think the keyboard probleme is a hardware failure because i didn't find any information about a bug or anything else on a keyboard exept a hardware failure.

So i think we can't do anything about my "problems" because the graphic card probleme is not really one it's just a bad GC i got in my laptop.

I'm putting this topic in solved.

Thank you for your help !!! 😄

See ya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.