Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 17t-ab200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's 3840x2160 UHD display recently began to intermittently show a full screen of small colored vertical lines, triggered most often when closing and opening the laptop cover. I connected the laptop to an external monitor and there were no such lines, even when present on the laptop's display. If one does not move the laptop cover and reboots the laptop, the vertical lines appear (on the laptop display) for only about 30 seconds and then the display functions normally (unless/until I move the cover).

This suggests the problem is a worn out eDP connector cable (your thoughts are welcome if you do not agree). Does anyone know the manufacturer, part number, and a good vendor for the same model of cable as was installed on HP Pavilion 17-ab200 CTO laptops with a UHD display and a GeoForce GTX-1050 GPU?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.