Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP DV6-6044TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am facing this issue with my integrated graphics, for quite a while since I have upgraded to Windows 10. Going back to Windows 7 is no longer an option for me.

I did check my device manager for faults in any of the display driver, but there is no error code. (shown in the below screenshots)

Capture1.pngCapture2.png

Capture3.png

I am only able to use my Intel graphics but not AMD. I also followed the troubleshooting thread of similar complaint here: Solved: Re: no AMD graphic driver for windows 10 HP Pavilion DV6-6c4... - HP Support Community - 723.... I have passed all the hardware tests as shown below:

Capture4.png

Can someone please support in nailing down the issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Capture1.pngCapture2.pngCapture3.pngCapture4.png

HP Recommended

@Miqs 

I upgraded my HP DV6 to Win10 some time back -- and when I did that, it was a lot of work to get it right, so I wrote a thread about doing that, and in that thread, I told folks to check and see if they had Switchable Graphics and if so, NOT do to the upgrade because the graphics would not work in Win10.  You probably did not see that warning.

As far as I know, HP does not provide switchable graphics drivers that work with your PC and Windows 10.

But there are folks here with access to drivers I do not have, and they might know of drivers that WOULD work.

If not, those same folks can provide you information on how to obtain Win7 media you can use to restore your PC back to Windows 7.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.