Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae091ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

Computer Details:

• HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13

I recently bought a new screen (LC32T55) and when I connected it via the HDMI to USB C wire, it was working immediately and wonderfully. Today, I got a new HDMI to USB C wire as I took the other one to work. When I connected my computer to the monitor it didn't work and i'm not quite sure why. I tested two other computers to the monitor using the new wire and it worked fine, so I know it's not the wire.

I updated the BIOS from f31 to f34 but it still doesn't working. I uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers and it still does not work. When I got to device manager > Display Adapters > Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 > Properties > Events > I noticed that the latest event shows the following: Device not started (ifgx). I'm not sure how to fix this as this might be the problem (??). I tried to update the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Firmware Installer but it is not working for some reason. I don't actually have a dock but some people said that it would help rectify the monitor issue, I don't actually have a dock so maybe that's why it's not woring?

Another thing that I noticed is when I go to Display Settings, it shows two little boxes indicating two displays, however I'm unable to select the 2nd display. If I click on Detect, it does not detect the second display. However, if I go to Advanced Display Settings it will show Display 1: Internal Display, and Display 2: LC32T55. When I click on Display 2, it reads: Display 2: Connected to Intel(R) UHD 620. Display 2 isn't active. It even shows in device manager that a second screen is there, it also shows in the Intel Graphics Command Center it shows that a second screen is there but there when I click on detect , it doesn't work. I also tried connecting to a different screen and it also doesn't work.

I'm note quite sure what to do next. I feel like I've troubleshooted all that I could so now I turning to the community for some help. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update on my situation:

I chatted with Intel support team where they remotely connected to my computer to try to rectify the situation but it still didn't work. They said the problem is most likely a system issue and that I needed to speak with HP.

I then tried to reinstall windows which was completed, however it did not rectify the situation.

Please help!

HP Recommended

@Banditto

I reviewed your post and I understand that the external monitor is not getting detected on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already followed all the relevant troubleshooting steps. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.