Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0802no
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi. I can't find the option to turn on or modify the pen pressure on my notebook hp envy x360 13 ar0802no with windows 11.

When i bought the computer i had to buy a new touch pen since there wasn't one. The touch pen model is the SCEQ3485082 (i bought this one since it's one of the only 2 models that are compatible with my pc). I tried to use it on krita and clip studio paint (i checked in both programs and the pen pressure options are both on) but, for some reasons, it doesn't work, so i searched in the pc options to see if the problem was there, but i can't find the options for the pen pressure. The pen has a rechargable battery and i don't think i need bluetooth connection or something else to use it since i was able to use it the first time without turning on bluetooth connection. What can be the problem and how can i resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Vincenzo25,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering issues with the pen pressure sensitivity on your HP Envy x360 notebook. Let's troubleshoot this.

• Check Pen Compatibility: You mentioned you bought a compatible pen, which is great. However, it's worth double-checking if there are any specific drivers or software required for it to work optimally. Visit HP's official website and look for drivers or software updates related to your pen model.
  • Update Drivers: Ensure that all drivers for your HP Envy x360, especially those related to touch and pen input, are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues.
  • Windows Ink Settings: Windows Ink is a feature in Windows 11 that handles pen input. Check if it's enabled by going to Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink. Make sure "Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps" is turned on.
  • Pen Calibration: Calibrating your pen might help. In Windows 11, you can do this by going to Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink > Calibrate. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your pen.
  • Pen Battery: Ensure that the battery in your pen is fully charged. A low battery might affect pen sensitivity.
  • Software Settings: Double-check the pen pressure settings within the drawing software (Krita and Clip Studio Paint). Even though you mentioned you've already checked these settings, it's good to revisit them to make sure everything is configured correctly.

By going through these steps, you should be able to identify and hopefully resolve the issue with the pen pressure sensitivity on your HP Envy x360 notebook.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

It didn't work. The only calibration option i can see is for the monitor colors. I also can't find the drivers for the pen and touchscreen

HP Recommended

Hi @Vincenzo25,

Thank you for your response, 

I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.