Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, i've been having issues downloading drivers from the intel website as they dont work, i keep getting referred to the hp website, which only has outdated drivers for my computer (HP 240 G6 notebook pc ). Is there anything i can do to make the drivers from the intel website work on my computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is the link to the latest driver Intel has for your notebook:

Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows*

If the auto install method to install the drivers didn't work, then you should be able to manually update the driver as follows:

Download and install the free 7-Zip file utility.  The first file at the top of the page is for 64 bit:

Download (7-zip.org)

If you have deleted the driver file, download and save it again from the link I posted above, but do not run it.

Right click on the file and select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

After that is done, first create a system restore point so that you can roll back to the current graphics driver you have installed, just in case the updated driver does not work to your expectations.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027538/windows-create-a-system-restore-point

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.'

Click on Have Disk and browse to the graphics driver folder that 7-Zip created>Graphics>iigd_dch (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

Be patient, as it can take a few minutes for the driver to completely install.

When the installation is finished, restart the PC.

To update the Intel HDMI audio driver to the latest version, go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD audio device listed there.   Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for driver software' option and browse to the unzipped Intel graphics driver main folder.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver will install if it is not up to date.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model Intel processor does your 240 G6 notebook have?

There is a way to manually install the driver, but I need to know the processor it has because the 240 G6 can come with Intel 6th, 7th gen core and Celeron processors.

I have to give you the right driver to install.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul, thanks for the swift reply, my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz , 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical processor(s)

Also, i'm specifically looking for the latest Intel HD 620 driver(version 31.0.101.2127)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is the link to the latest driver Intel has for your notebook:

Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows*

If the auto install method to install the drivers didn't work, then you should be able to manually update the driver as follows:

Download and install the free 7-Zip file utility.  The first file at the top of the page is for 64 bit:

Download (7-zip.org)

If you have deleted the driver file, download and save it again from the link I posted above, but do not run it.

Right click on the file and select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

After that is done, first create a system restore point so that you can roll back to the current graphics driver you have installed, just in case the updated driver does not work to your expectations.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027538/windows-create-a-system-restore-point

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.'

Click on Have Disk and browse to the graphics driver folder that 7-Zip created>Graphics>iigd_dch (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

Be patient, as it can take a few minutes for the driver to completely install.

When the installation is finished, restart the PC.

To update the Intel HDMI audio driver to the latest version, go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD audio device listed there.   Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for driver software' option and browse to the unzipped Intel graphics driver main folder.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver will install if it is not up to date.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks alot Paul, that worked!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.