Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 8 (111 Views)

Re: x360 spectre 15-bl012dx windows 10. display flickers when I enable VT in BIOS.

I've got the same issue and HP was of no help.  In fact,  support got on my machine and 15 minutes later they gave up and said they don't support the VT configuration and left me stranded.  I too believe it is Intel graphics issue.  It's a very nice box but poor support from HP (expected).

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (73 Views)

Re: x360 spectre 15-bl012dx windows 10. display flickers when I enable VT in BIOS.

@aguedeney

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details). 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 8 (67 Views)

Can I please get a message as well? Having the same problem. What is the estimated time frame for getting contacted? I'm nearing the end of my return window.

Tutor
Message 4 of 8 (54 Views)

What? So that I can get more worthless help from lame foreigners that HP uses as slave labor?  You're nuts.

Top Student
Message 5 of 8 (45 Views)

How'd you get them to admit to VT being unsupported? I want to try to get something concrete from them I can use at the store to try to get a refund.
Tutor
Message 6 of 8 (38 Views)

Oh they admitted it.  They remoted in and looked around - essentially doing nothing.  Hell, they didn't even look at the device driver section! Which immediately told me the fool didn't know what he was doing.  

I am hoping that more people return the laptop for those that use the BIOS VT setting enabled.  I think they were betting only a small percentage would in fact enable it and the damage control would be relatively minor.  Anyways, if you don't set the BIOS VT no flicker as several have said here.

I'm hoping there is enough outrage here that HP loses customers as a result and never come back due to poor Quality Control. It's typical of big companies like this - worked for several.

Top Student
Message 7 of 8 (32 Views)

Right but I mean did you just ask about VT specifically once he remoted in or did he go to system properties or some screen that shows whether it's enabled and he just went straight for that and was like "gotcha" to you? (Because if that's the case one could argue he DID know what he was looking for :-) )

Basically my point is if I call in and ask about VT are they just gonna be confused or will they immediately be like "oh yeah we don't do that"? Just wondering what to expect.
Tutor
Message 8 of 8 (30 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are giving these support guys waaaay too much credit.  They looked around at virtually nothing for 15 minutes until I cut them off after they sent that they didn't support the VT enablement in the BIOS.  It depends on who you get but I got the bus full of clowns that evening - so it is luck of the draw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation