Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all, this is something i had since i bought my Laptop.

I'm using firefox for my mainly surfing the internet and it accured to me that when i surf in "dark" webpages (that have a black background) the screen dims and when I returned to a more lighter website it takes the screen few seconds to adjuest again to the lightining.

Its happens even if I look on images on my pc, its drives me nuts that the screen dims and than lightens up again, question is there a way to block this marvelous "feature".

Thank you on your help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @DavidEden,

Welcome to the HP Forum!  🙂 Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More  What is the exact model or product number of your HP notebook?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number, or Product Number?

I grasp that you display will automatically adjust the brightness according to the images on the display. Here are links that should help you to alleviate this difficulty:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the ATI Radeon Vari-Bright Feature

(These are from non-HP sites and any third party ads are not endorsed by HP) 

How do I disable auto brightness? (from answers.microsoft.com)

Disable Adaptive Brightness on Windows 10 for Maximum Screen Brightness (from windows.wonderhowto.com)

Please let me know if this helped.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up” below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Not really helped because I did it all, I think i found a bug in hp or windows 10....

When your laptop battery starts to drop (not sure if its turns on with 80% life or 60% or something else) the auto brightness kicks in no matter what...

When i restart my PC everything works fine, no screen auto brigthness at all.

HP Recommended

Hi@DavidEden,

Thank you for the update, What do you have the power plan set to do on battery.  HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 10) I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

HP Recommended.

HP Recommended

Hi@DavidEden,

Thank you for the quick reply.  As this is a recent purchase and my suggestions have not helped, please contact HP Support for further assistance. With your permission they can remotely connect to your system to help locate and resolve issues. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.