Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 13-ad015an
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Modle: Envy 13-ad015na

Occasionally (every few days) my screen begins to flicker very quickly. This problem seems to be random and persists for any were between 2min and 30min. I bought the laptop about 3 weeks ago and the problem began after about 4 days of use. I have followed the automatic virtual agent advice and checked the resolution setting, updated the display driver and BIOS but the problem still continues. It would be apricated if someone could help, as this is an great laptop in all other ways.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@thewoods3

Thanks for the reply

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@thewoods3

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that your laptop screen is flickering, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you facing this issue after an update?

When does the screen flickers, in the ideal state, while working or while playing games?

Try in an alternate monitor and check if the issue persists. 

Let's check if the issue persists in BIOS page.

Follow the steps below to configure the boot order.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Ok, i will try these steps when it next happens.

I don't think it was after an update but i can’t remember.

I haven't noticed any paten in its occurrence with anything I do on the machine. It could happen with no programs running or when I am surfing the internet, at any time. Although when it happens I can shutdown the computer and boot it back up again with it still is happening as soon as the display is in use.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@thewoods3

Thanks for the reply

Please try all the steps provided in your time and keep me posted.

And also try updating the graphics driver and BIOS using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/products

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello,

The last 2 weeks or so the fast flickering problem hasn’t occurred but periodically in the last 2 days it has started again. I have checked it in the BIOS and it still happens there. I hope you can help.

HP Recommended

@thewoods3

Thanks for the reply

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.