Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 (2016)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I keep getting a static noise whenever I move the cursor or scroll on the touchpad of my new laptop (spectre x360, 2016)

I also have the same issue when connecting a USB mouse.

The noise is noticeable regardless of the volume setting. 

All drivers and software are updated. 

HP Assistant is hopeless at doing anything, can't find solution there, online or by oher diagnostics. 

Also - the light on the mute sound-button is not working. Not a major issue, but irritating. How to fix this without rolling drivers back?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Paullo_x360,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.What is your precise model of Spectre x360? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you are getting a static noise on your new Spectre notebook whenever you move the mouse, scroll on the touchpad or connect an USB device. You have checked for updated drivers and ran the HP Support Assistant but there has been no change. You have also  tried adjusting the volume and other steps that are not listed but also to no avail. The light on the Mute button is also not working. Would you try doing a hard reset?  HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset  Please keep me updated.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.