Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitepad
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got an Elitepad and upgraded it to windows 10. However, I cannot seem to get a stylus to work on it. I have a cocofang and an Hp executive tablet pen R1 and neither work. I tried to go to the, "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input," but when I tried it, the screen did not even register that I was doing anything. What do I do? What do I install? How do I get the stylus to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks.

It appears that all devices have drivers loaded. That is good.

Have you checked the HID Device HID-Compliant pen to ensure that it is enabled? Right click it and click on properties.

Is the HP Executive Pen G2, product number F3G73UT, the stylus that you have?

Executive Pen (H4E45AA) is not compatible with your Tablet.

Have you checked the battery?

The HP Executive Pen G2 is supposed to work with your tablet.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

What is the complete product name or product number of your Elitepad?

You can find that information at the bottom of any HP Support Assistance window or in the system information tab of the BIOS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hp Elitepad 1000 G2

Is that the correct information you need to know?

HP Recommended

Did you check the Device Manager and then update the drivers as required  after the upgrade?

the Windows 10 drivers for your device are at the following URL.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6629139&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

HP Recommended

Do you know which ones I need to install.

HP Recommended

I can't see your Device Manager so I could not possibly see which devices do not have drivers loaded. 

The touchscreen driver will be an HID device. That driver is provided by Windows itself.

You do need to install the essential updates for Windows 10.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6629139&swItemId=ob_168665_1&swEnvOid=419...

Can you post an image of your Device Manager?

HP Recommended

screen shot1.pngscreen shot0.pngscreen shot2.pngscreen shot3.pngscreen shot4.pngscreen shot5.pngscreen shot6.pngscreen shot7.png

HP Recommended

Thanks.

It appears that all devices have drivers loaded. That is good.

Have you checked the HID Device HID-Compliant pen to ensure that it is enabled? Right click it and click on properties.

Is the HP Executive Pen G2, product number F3G73UT, the stylus that you have?

Executive Pen (H4E45AA) is not compatible with your Tablet.

Have you checked the battery?

The HP Executive Pen G2 is supposed to work with your tablet.

HP Recommended

Got the pen you suggested. It works. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.