Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have noticed two horizontal black lines suddenly.I dont know what happened .I don't know whether this is a display problem or motherboard issue. I have updated few settings recently and tried resetting the windows but that didn't work out.Expecting a solution from some one.

Thank you

20181109_144206.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@teja1997

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number and the operating system of your computer.

Try connecting to an alternate monitor and check if the issue persists.

Follow the below steps to boot into BIOS page.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

Now check if the issue persists in BIOS.

If the issue persists in BIOS, it is a hardware issue with the display.

Keep me posted!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

The problem is there even when i open the bios menu,so how to find the problem now.

HP Recommended

@teja1997

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Raj1788, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

If it appears on the BIOS screen as well, that would mean its a hardware malfunction, as advised by the previous tech and the best way forward is to make use of the instructions I've sent via the private message to get the device repaired/replaced:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP 350 G1 with two areas of horizontal black lines on screen (similar to above illustration, but more horizontally pronounced, a bit smaller area and appears in two different spots, each about 1/2 sq inch). Will try the external monitor, but am proceeding assuming bad LCD screen. Are there any other possibilites (such as ribbon cable)? The screen replacement is actually pretty easy, but would like to be able to rule out other possibilities before purchasing replacement screen. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.