Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello.  I see others having this issue also.

I have brand new Elitebook 840 G10's, fully updated with HPIA and am trying to connect older Viewsonic monitors (VG2439 for example, although other models did the same) with USB-C G5 or TB G2 docks.  They read that a monitor is there but do not output any display to it.  If I use another monitor (Phillips 241B8QJEB for example) it connects correctly.

I used a Startech USB-C to DP passthrough adapter and it behaves the same.  I used a Startech USB-A to DP and it worked.

Something about the USB-C not wanting to talk to the Viewsonic it seems.  My older Elitebooks all work correctly with the same docks.

Assistance appreciated.  I have 100 of these laptops in the box that I can't deploy until I figure this out.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I narrowed it down to the Intel video driver.  Instead of using SP150326, try SP149726.  This appeared to work on Windows 10 and 11.

I wasn't able to do an uninstall/install and get it to work but a fresh install did.

Ironically, when we called HP, they said it wasn't their issue since it worked properly on their stock image of the G10's we just got.  Turns out of course that their stock image used the older driver.  When I upgraded it, it stopped working.  

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I actually think I got my SP's wrong in my latest reply.

Try SP148755, this is driver version 30.0.101.4575.

HP Recommended

And now the download page is offering SP145658 which is version 31.0.101.4255!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.