Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a verticle line running down the left side of my screen on my Probook 640 G1 - model number is T1C08UT#ABA.

I have seen other similar posts and the suggestion was to hook up an external monitor. I did that and the line does not show up when hooked up to the external. Does anyone have any other ideas ? I have used Product Assistant and all my drivers show as up to date. It is under waranty, should I just obtain warranty repair through HP ? THanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you. It was under warranty with HP so they repaired it. It seems they replaced the raw panel and it came back all fixed as good as new.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

jaytee607

Since, as you indicated, that vertical line does NOT show up on the external monitor, then the logical conclusion is that your laptop screen is failing.  Visual artifacts like these are one of the earliest indications of a failing screen.

There's nothing we can do from here to diagnose a laptop screen.

Your best best would be to take it into a laptop repair facility to see what, if anything, they can do.

My guess, at this point, is that you are looking at replacing the screen.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you. It was under warranty with HP so they repaired it. It seems they replaced the raw panel and it came back all fixed as good as new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.