Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Folio 13
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP Folio 13 screen has developed a bad white flicker all over the screen.  If I push down on the area by the right hinge (to the right of the wireless icon on the body "bezel") it flickers.  Loosening the small screw on the bottom right of the LCD display brought back the function of the screen for a day but it then reverted to all white again.

How do I open up the case and reseat the cable to see if that solves the problem?  Specificqally, I'd like to know how to access the cable at the back of the LCD display and within the right hinge.  Is there one of those two areas that you would check first?  I've read that it is most likely a pinched video cable that has either loosened the main connection at the back of the LCD display or the issue is where the cable is being pinched within the hinge.  

I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to laptops and taking them apart.  I just lost my job and my laptop isn't under warranty so I'm hoping to find some easy, clear directions on how to dismantle the minimal amount while trying to access the video cable and fix this issue.  

I've seen that others have the same or similar problem, and claiming that it's a design flaw (my laptop is no longer under warranty however.)  I live in Philadelphia so if there are local repair shops you can recommend that would also be appreciated.  Thank You!

My serial number is: [Personal Information Removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.