Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-eb0520na

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone can help/advise?  We have a 15-eb0520na OLED which we bought for around £1500 just over 1 year ago.   I have noticed that some random blemishes (like white marks) have started appearing on the panel with no explanation. 

Initially, a mark appeared in the right-hand corner, but since then more have started to appear (now 4 of them in total).   Some of these marks are not nearly 1 cm in height.    They are hard to photograph as only appear when certain colours are displayed but are very noticeable when using the laptop (picture below, you can see one of the marks to the right of K in feedback)

20211022_172032.jpg

I've checked my warranty and it says that it expired in June 2021 (it was only for 12 months).   It's clearly a fault with the laptop screen in how more are starting to appear and how it looks.   Where do I stand with this? Surely a high-end £1500 laptop should last more than 15 months!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is a pic of one of the other white marks

20211022_175006.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi@Leon81, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support community. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 Laptop   series laptop. I read that after usage there is a dead pixel on the screen and would like to know if the HP warranty would cover it.

All HP and Compaq notebook LCDs adhere to strict quality and reliability specifications. A small percentage of LCD panels may have minor cosmetic manufacturing anomalies or irregularities such as bright or dark dots in the viewable area. These cosmetic imperfections are common to all LCD panel types and are not specific to any HP model or product line. For more information please refer to this HP article.

However, I recommend you to contact our HP phone support team to check the available service options for this case.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. 

I have tried to get in contact with phone support but it is telling me that I need to pay for support because my warranty has expired? 

It is clear from the sheer amount of dead pixels (we are talking about blotches of pixels, not a couple) that this is a fault with the laptop which is just over 12 months old.   How can I get support with this? 

Although I am out of warranty I still feel this should be looked at as this is clearly an issue with the laptop,  I need to do some reading on where I stand from a legal perspective but surely a £1500 laptop shouldn't last 14 months?.  

HP Recommended

HI@Leon81,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.