Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q879AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

This is an actual issue that occurred with the new gen x360, I have two one older gen and one newer, both running windows 11 64 bit – the older gen x360 works fine to connect an external display to the usb-c port.
But for the new gen x360 - cant get an external display to work with the usb c port that is supposed to support thunderbolt.
All drivers are completely up to date incl bios.
Can only get support for external display through the power port and an external dock that also provides power. But this is not the solution i need when i travel then I need to have a small dock or a direct display cable connection through the usb c - this is a real problem not addressed by hp.
I have tested two thunderbold docks for the usb c port from two different suppliers not able to get any of these to work with any of 5 displays (monitors) that works with powerdriven dock.
Can not get a display that supports USB-c directly to work with this port either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.