Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-cn0001nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop, and the PC monitor has vertical lines.

Can i fix this?

The video drivers are updated to the latest version.

image1.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Daino

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried checking the PC monitor on an external device?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen.

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the vertical lines are seen...

1. Turn off your computer
  2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
  3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly. 

If vertical lines are seen in the BIOS environment, then it's an internal display issue. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is present from the first start.

I tried to connect it to TV via HDMI and there was no problem.

I have update the BIOS trough HP support assistent, but  the dithering persist.

can I change my intel video card settings?

HP Recommended

@Daino
This sounds like display hardware related issue, as external monitor able to project the display without any lines, Hence, changing the video card will not resolve the issue. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tuesday I will contact the assistance and I will update here a possible solution

HP Recommended

@Daino

Thank you for posting back.

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results,

Have a nice day ahead!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Daino. Have you resolved the dithering issue.?

How?

HP Recommended

I sent the pc in assistance and they replaced the monitor. 
they have installed the model they use in the ryzen version

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.