Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have a brand new hp spetcre x360. i have downloaded certain apps from my app store, like hulu, netflix, sling. but i cant get any of these apps to connect and stream to my chromecast device, so i can watch movies/ shows from my computer apps to my tv. . i have 3 other devices (tablet, older laptops) that connect to my chromecast just fine, so i know its not my chrome devices  but this new notebook is the only one that wont connect properly. the internet/wifi are all on the same network. is there something that could be blocking my notebook from allowing my apps to connect with my chrome devices??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @musiclover87,

Good Day! Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. 🙂   Hope you are doing well.:) I reviewed the post about screen mirroring issues on your pc an TV. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb troubleshooting and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with a customer with such technical competence. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please provide the complete model# of the unit.
  • Does your TV support Miracast?
  •  

Please install the google chrome cast from this YouTube link and check if it works. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4V4BTBgqH8

Please do not click on any website, ad, download or image as the link is a third party link. It is only for viewing it and following the on-screen instructions.

If this does not work, and your TV supports Miracast, then please try this link to project the screen of your computer to your TV HP Desktop and Notebook PCs - Sharing your Screen Using Miracast (Windows 8.1)  http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04228016

This link is relevant for Windows 10 also. Please try all the steps in the link.

Also, update the bios, chipset, video and network drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers

Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.