Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15u g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have a problem with my hp zbook 15u g3.

When i am using the touchpad and press any key on the keyboard it will interrupt the touch on the touchpad. So i looked around the internet and i am now pretty sure it's something called "Palm check" in synaptics. So i opened Mouse settings and found 2 tabs for synaptics. Under the TouchPad tab there is only one button though.

Spoiler
Screenshot_4.png

So i click the button and get into that stupid Windows 10 Settings app **bleep** where i found a setting for accidental click while typing. So i set it to "Always on", but that ofcourse did nothing.

Spoiler
Screenshot_6.png

So i continue to look around and then i find something that says "More alternatives", so i click it.

Spoiler
Screenshot_7.png

And guess where that takes me.. Back to picture one!

Everywhere i look on the internet for solutions i only find people saying that you should open the settings menu. But nowhere do i find anything about not even having that menu!

So yeah im pretty tired of this crap now, i've spent hours upon hours trying to find some kind of settings menu (I even looked in the registry!) and trying different versions of the driver and all that stuff. Help please?

It says the driver version is 19.0.19.18. I downloaded it from the hp support page for this computer.

Screenshot_5.png

There are no other problems with any input device, i can use the wierd knob in the middle of the keyboard fine too.

What do i do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.