Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13m-bd0023dx
Microsoft Windows 11

I have the HP ENVY x360 convertible 13" display. when I bought it, it had windows 10 with a free windows 11 update.  Before upgrading the touch screen worked perfect, but I didn't use it all that often. Shortly after the windows 11 upgrade I noticed my touch screen would not work at all, neither as a regular laptop or when folded and in tablet mode.  has anyone else had this problem? More importantly, does anyone know of a solution for this?

thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jparker85,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a common issue where the touch screen functionality can become impaired after a major system upgrade, such as moving from Windows 10 to Windows 11. This could be due to several reasons, including driver incompatibility, system settings changes, or software conflicts. Here are several steps you can take to try and resolve the touch screen issue on your HP ENVY x360:

1. Check Touch Screen Functionality

• Enable Touch Screen: Ensure the touch screen is enabled. Go to Device Manager (right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager), expand "Human Interface Devices", and find the touch screen device (it might be listed as an HID-compliant touch screen or similar). Make sure it's enabled (right-click and select Enable device if it's not).

2. Update or Reinstall Drivers

Update Drivers: Sometimes, updating your device's drivers can resolve the issue. You can update the touch screen driver from Device Manager (right-click on the touch screen device under "Human Interface Devices" and select Update driver). Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".

HP Support: Check the HP support website for your specific model's drivers and software page. HP may have released new drivers or firmware specifically for Windows 11 compatibility.

Reinstall Touch Screen Driver: If updating doesn't help, you might need to uninstall the touch screen driver (from Device Manager) and restart your computer. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver during startup.

3. Calibrate the Touch Screen

• Calibrate: Windows has a built-in tool for calibrating the touch screen. Search for "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input" in the Start menu and follow the instructions.

4. Check for Windows Updates

• Windows Updates: Make sure your system is up to date. Microsoft frequently releases updates that can fix compatibility issues. Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and check for updates.

5. Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices

• Troubleshooter: Use Windows' built-in troubleshooter for hardware issues. Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Troubleshoot -> Additional troubleshooters -> Touch Screen, and run the troubleshooter.

6. Reset Your PC (Last Resort)

• Reset: If nothing else works, consider resetting your PC. This can sometimes fix underlying issues but will remove your installed applications (though you can choose to keep your files). Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.