Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3054nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing a new FTTH router and configuring my HP Pavilion - 15-cs3054nl to connect via wifi I see that it connects at 2.4 GHz.
I set the properties of the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter with 5 GHz as the "preferred band" with no success.
The SSID of the 5 GHz and of the 2.4 GHz are the same.
How can I force my PC to connect to the 5 GHz wifi?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Marius_Roma wrote:

... The SSID of the 5 GHz and of the 2.4 GHz are the same.

@Marius_Roma 

Can't be the same ! My machine has 2 wifi adapters, it connects to BOTH and it smarts enough to use 5GHz as primary automatically

2netsx.png

In my case I can use the arrow on the top right corner (shown above) to toggle the connections. In your case, you can simply disable the 2.4GHz SSID and force it to connect to 5GHz SSID,

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have just installed a new modem and router, the router ssd broadcasts 2.4 and 5 ghz on one band set at auto and ssd 6ghz on another band set at auto. Go into your router settings and check the settings for WiFi again. Your broadcasting 2.4 and 5 on the same ssd, if set at auto it picks the strongest or best option.

Regards Al

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.