Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I got my new Chromebook and turned it on for the first time at which point I was prompted to connect to my wifi. I input my wifi password and there was a brief moment where it said connecting before everything went black and the machine reset. I tired again by connecting to my phone hotspot and the same thing happened. Does anyone know what would be causing this?

I have so far tried a hard reset and a PowerWash but the issue remained.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@elburcho,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues connecting to your wireless network and the screen goes black.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you perform a recovery on the computer following the below steps and check if it helps.

On the working computer (not the Chromebook with the error):

1. If you're using a Mac or Windows computer:
    1. If you haven't yet, install Chrome.
    2. Open Chrome.
    3. Install the recovery app.
  2. Open the recovery app.
  3. Click Get started.
  4. Click Select a model from a list, or type in the model number of the Chromebook you want to recover. To find this number, look at the bottom of the error message on your Chromebook screen.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Insert your USB flash drive or SD card into the computer.
  7. In the dropdown menu, choose the USB flash drive or SD card you inserted.
  8. Click Continue.
  9. Click Create now.
  10. When you see a message saying that your recovery media is ready, remove the USB flash drive or SD card from the computer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not sure if this would have worked as I managed to get through by phone and they sent someone to pick it up to be repaire

HP Recommended

@elburcho,

Thank you so much for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.