Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Broadcom 43225 802.1 b/g/n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a Broadcom 43225 802.11b/g/n installed on my HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC under Windows 10. My driver version for the Broadcom card is 6.30.59.49. This version does not list support for Windows 10.

Do you know if there is a Windows 10 driver for my card somwhere?

AD9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

AD9

I'm using Win10 on my HP DV6 laptop and that is the same driver version as on my PC.  There are no HP Win10 drivers for that laptop; thus, Win8 drivers are the latest available.

However ... WiFi did NOT work under Win10 until I redid the installation from scratch -- as something got carried over during the "upgrade" that prevented the WiFi button from working.

What MIGHT work is something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.

To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!

Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If that does not enable the WiFi button, then you're looking at a clean-install and that will remove everything from your PC.  IT's a lot of work to back off all the files, find all the app files, and reinstall and reconfigure everything, but in the end, the laptop works fine under Win10.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

AD9

I'm using Win10 on my HP DV6 laptop and that is the same driver version as on my PC.  There are no HP Win10 drivers for that laptop; thus, Win8 drivers are the latest available.

However ... WiFi did NOT work under Win10 until I redid the installation from scratch -- as something got carried over during the "upgrade" that prevented the WiFi button from working.

What MIGHT work is something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.

To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!

Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If that does not enable the WiFi button, then you're looking at a clean-install and that will remove everything from your PC.  IT's a lot of work to back off all the files, find all the app files, and reinstall and reconfigure everything, but in the end, the laptop works fine under Win10.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

No there isn't, but see if this W8.1 driver works...

6.30.223.267 Rev.A (17 Sep 2015)

This package contains the Broadcom Wireless LAN Drivers that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72931.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for good advice. I managed to get version 6.30.59.49 operational. However; installing version 6.30.223.267 did unfortunately not work on my computer.

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.