Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-ak077nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello! New laptop came with preinstalled Windows 10, but I need some software that requires Windows 7, but there are no drivers for it on HP support site. I tried to look for them manually, first I tried to install wireless, my laptop has Broadcom BCM943142Y wireless adapter, I've found this driver for win7 - http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_133353_1 but when I try to install that I get "update.cpp 1205" error. Can someone help me on that?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello ricibasbriviba

Welcome at the HP forums,

Can you try this driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73310.exe

If it doesn't work, can I have your product number (P/N) ?

Winos.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

Hello! This driver didn't work - it's a Realtek and I have Broadcom. On my laptop I can only see ProdID - P1S68EA#AKD and S/N# - 5CD55214DL

HP Recommended

Oops, my bad. 

Here you have the broadcom driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74241.exe

&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

This one says OS not supported (I have Win7 64)

HP Recommended

So here is what we are going to do. I cannot give you a windows 7 driver because I cannot find one. It somehow is not supported by HP. (As far as I know) (Yeej, Thanks HP:smileyfrustrated:)

Let's do it a bit less professional and force the Windows 10 driver to run in Windows 7. 

As far as I know Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 drivers are interchangable.

So I extracted the driver so we got rid of the installer! I uploaded the Windows driver to mediafire.

Please download:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/v46vff5z1r6763x/HP_Driveronly.zip

(Please unzip it first)

Now to install this driver you need to go to computer management > right click at the computer to get there > then go to device manager > expand the appropriate catergory and double-click on your device > Now search for update driver > then select > search for a driver on my pc > Select your downloaded folder (HP_Driveronly.zip) and click to install it.

Does this work?

&

HP Recommended

Eh, I have already tried that - gives me "Windows cannot load the device criver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" Looks like there is something missing in there.

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this driver works...

The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe

HP Recommended

Hello! Same "update.cpp 1205" error, as with my first attempt. I even tried to reinstall windows again, thinking maybe something went wrong during installation...One more thing - when I tried to install this driver manually, through update driver->browse, it gave me a new error - "Code 28. The requested device registry key does not exist"

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a real tough nut to crack!

See if this version works...

This package contains Broadcom Wireless LAN driver and is required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. This package also contains the Broadcom Wireless Utility application and IHV Extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70616.exe

Now if this one doesn't work either, please post the hardware ID for the problem wireless adapter (labeled in the device manager as a Network Controller).

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

That way I can try and find the driver that has support for that ID.  There has to be one somewhere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.