Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I am having the hardest time with my new hp 15.6 intel core  i3 staying connected to the ethernet connection.  I plug it up and it drops with in seconds to minutes. I can't seem to get help from hp tech support.  Is this just a bad laptop that fails on hardwired connection.  I don't get it. What is going on here its a 2024 manufacturer computer 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Charmie72,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your new laptop's Ethernet connection. It sounds frustrating, especially when you're not getting the support you need from HP. There could be a few reasons why your laptop keeps dropping the Ethernet connection.

• Driver Issues: Sometimes, outdated or corrupted network drivers can cause connectivity problems. Make sure your network drivers are up-to-date. You can do this by going to Device Manager, finding your network adapter, and selecting "Update driver."
  • Cable or Port Problems: Faulty Ethernet cables or ports on your laptop or router could also be the culprit. Try using a different Ethernet cable or plugging into a different port on your router to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Network Settings: Incorrect network settings or interference from other devices on your network could cause intermittent connection problems. You can try resetting your network settings or changing your router's channel to see if that helps.
  • Hardware Defect: Unfortunately, it's possible that there's a hardware defect with your laptop's Ethernet port. 

If you've already tried these steps and are still having trouble, it might be helpful to provide more details about your specific situation. Are you experiencing this issue on multiple networks, or just one? Have you tried using the Ethernet connection with another device to see if the problem persists?

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I just returned the device to Best Buy.  I reordered a replacement.  I hope this new  one works. I used the adapter on my windows 10 and it didn't drop at all only on the windows 11 intel core  i3. I will soon find out when I receive the new laptop 

HP Recommended

Hi @Charmie72,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Take care and have a good day.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.