Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (106 Views)

Ethernet port; location; warranty

I bought my laptop in November 2016. I have 2 issues:
1 - The ethernet port seems unstable. Wifi works perfectly as do other devices but this laptop has poor connectivity through the ethernet port. I have tried different ethernet cables but all have the same issue.
2 - I live in London but my laptop identifies as being in Manchester which is causing security issues when I have Apple devices plugged in. How do I alter this?
3- Please can you confirm my warranty status? I assume 12 months from Nov 16

Provost
Message 2 of 8 (93 Views)

Re: Ethernet port; location; warranty

Hi,

Welcome to HP Supports Forum

1. Firstly what is it ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Normally system uses IP address to tell us where it is. Do you use an ISP which has connection in Manchester or somehow it uses Manchester as a hub ? Please check with them.

3. Please use the following link to check warranty.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (89 Views)

1 - I have an HP - 15 - ay167sa laptop 15.6".  Sorry, I did enter this on the support page and thought it would pull through.

2 - my ISP is Virgin Media.  Not aware there's any Manchester thing there but I'll contact them

3 - I have followed that link about the warranty and it doesn't show any results.  All it shows is:

1. HP Warranty: CND6360WXH

Base warranties with active components can be linked to your profile by visiting the Link warranties page. If your warranty has expired you can purchase a post-warranty HP Care Pack at HP Care Pack Services.

Provost
Message 4 of 8 (87 Views)

Have you checked your Support page or used HP Support Assistant to check for a possible updated ethernet driver? 

Warranty is for 1 year.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (75 Views)

I honestly could find nothing useful on the support page which is why i came to the forum.  What is HP Assistant?

Provost
Message 6 of 8 (68 Views)

Hi,

Where did you buy the machine ? I believe you bought it in the UK but I did a check for both from the UK and the US but could not get warranty information, for example

warranty.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (63 Views)

That's curious.  I bought it from PC World.

Provost
Message 8 of 8 (55 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP Support Assistant is installed on your machine. It can be used to find/install updated drivers(do not recommend letting it update BIOS), can run diagnostics and can usually give fairly accurate warranty date.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation