Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j102ea Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

My first post looking for a suitable wifi Bluetooth card to put in my HP ENVY 17 J102 EA. I am currently using a TP-Link AC600 Nano Wi-Fi Bluetooth 4.2 USB Adapter that sorted my Bluetooth issue https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182674980222 would this one be correct? current one is a  Manufacturer: Ralink Technology, Corp. Description: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Driver version: 5.0.57.1 basically I would like my USB port functionality back and would prefer an onboard 5ghz card I have read a few posts seems possible wish to check available options before purchase I have also put in two Samsung evo SSD 4TB in total 16gb ram upgraded CPU Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ Processor (8M Cache- up to 3.90 GHz) thanks in advance for any further information kind regards Mark.

MPH
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that model card should work fine.

However, there are no W10 Bluetooth drivers for the card available anymore from HP, or Intel.

I saved the drivers a while ago before Intel removed them because I have the same card that I installed in my HP 350 G1 notebook.

Download, unzip and run the Bluetooth driver in the Intel 7260AC WiFi & Bluetooth Drivers.zip file.

W10 will install the Wi-Fi driver, but the one in my folder is newer as both of these drivers were the last ones Intel released before they retired support for the card.

SkyDrive - OneDrive (live.com)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Yes, that model card should work fine.

However, there are no W10 Bluetooth drivers for the card available anymore from HP, or Intel.

I saved the drivers a while ago before Intel removed them because I have the same card that I installed in my HP 350 G1 notebook.

Download, unzip and run the Bluetooth driver in the Intel 7260AC WiFi & Bluetooth Drivers.zip file.

W10 will install the Wi-Fi driver, but the one in my folder is newer as both of these drivers were the last ones Intel released before they retired support for the card.

SkyDrive - OneDrive (live.com)

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul for your prompt reply and solution! Also, the link to the drivers is much appreciated so is that the only combo card available for my machine? kind regards Mark

MPH
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Mark.

At the time, there was the Intel 7260 AC card and the Broadcom BCM4352 AC card which has the same specs as the Intel card.

Now they do make some hybrid cards with newer wireless chips on them, and they should work, but I cannot 100% guarantee it.

I would love to experiment with one, but I really don't use my old 350 G1 notebook very much anymore.  It is a spare to a spare to a spare.

MQ AX210 PCI-E Wifi 6E Card, Wifi Adapter Network Card with 2.4G/5G/6G Tri band, up to 5374Mbps, Wif...

HP Recommended

Perfect I will get one and see how it goes will keep you updated all the best Mark

MPH
HP Recommended

Excellent, Mark.

That model card will update your notebook's wireless to Wi-Fi 6E standards.

Looking forward to reading about your notebook's Wi-Fi card upgrade project.

Cheers,

Paul

HP Recommended

Great news Paul ordered yesterday arrived today, and practically installed itself lol card took a minute to change, and then the intel driver & support assistant kicked in immediately with the new drivers and a further set all appears well I am now 5 & 6g capable and have a great functionality of Bluetooth latency has improved now audio sync is on point plus have my port back my ten-year-old laptop and myself thank you kind regards Mark.

SSID: Skynet Global Defence Network
Protocol: Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Security type: WPA3-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Network channel: 1
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 144/144 (Mbps) This has increased used to be 84 Mbps
Link-local IPv6 address: fe80::2b58:e711:197c:82c8%17
IPv4 address: 192.168.93.170
IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.93.138
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Driver version: 23.20.0.4
Physical address (MAC): CE-5E-39-CA-87-F4

MPH
HP Recommended

That is indeed great news, Mark

Now you have me tempted to buy one regardless of how little I use the notebook.  😊

I have a Wi-Fi 6 router.

Cheers,

Paul

HP Recommended

One of the best features was the Bluetooth lag is now gone from chrome to the bose mini speaker definitely recommended 😁

MPH
HP Recommended

Well, I took the plunge and bought the AX210 HMC Wi-Fi card on Amazon and installed it in my HP 350 G1 notebook.

Got it for $25.00.

Took less than10 minutes to uninstall the old Wi-Fi and Bluetooth software and drivers, shut down the PC and swap out the cards.

Turned on the PC, connected to my network, was greeted with the 'you are now on Wi-Fi 6' message from Windows and then updated the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers to the latest versions on the Intel website.

Since I am only paying for a 300 MBPS download speed, I can't really test out the card's full potential, but it was connecting at 1.2 GB/S according to the Network status in the Windows control panel.

I did this upgrade more for the experience and fun of it than to derive any real benefit.

I have recommended these modified cards to several other forum members and decided to take my own advice.

Very happy with it, the upgrade bought this 2013 notebook's Wi-Fi technology into the 2020's era.

Now I have a spare Intel 7260 AC card available for future use.

A side benefit is they tossed in a few M.2 hold down screws in the package, which I can use to install M.2 NVMe SSD's/Wi-Fi cards in PC's that didn't come with one, should the necessity arise.

HP usually doesn't include those little screws in their PC's.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.