Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

just got a g62 and i installed windows 7 64bit, came with freedos without drivers etc.
anyway when i press the f12 wireless button bluetooth turns on so i tried fn+f12 to turn on wireless but fn key is not working or is there something i must enable??
it says broadcom driver is installed so i guess driver isnt an issue its the fn key

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

please need help

HP Recommended

Hi,
Post your part number (p/n) . You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker, which looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Most G62 Series are equiped with Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n... Here is the driver for it ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48591.exe

If this does not work, that I would suggest posted Model/product number of the notebook as requested by Daniel.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

i have the same problem the the link above didnt work

product : XX165EA#ABV

MODEL : G62-b31EE

HP Recommended

I have this problem fn 12 will not turn on

model G62-340US

Product XH066UA#ABA

Serial {Removed for privacy}

Tried everything including looking for option in BIOS to allow, none there

I used fn12 to turn off to conserve power and now can not turn it back on.

I am using ethernet connection and that works fine

HP Recommended

I know this is silly but do not use the 'Function (fn)" key with f12.  Instead, use the "ctrl" key with f12.  Why HP, why?  I just spent a few hours on this and it was that simple.  They use the ctrl key instead of the fn key to do all the extra stuff up on those f keys.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I got it working again.

After powering  on the wireless key worked.  I have it set in bios so the keys don't require funcntion 'fn' to be pushed in conjunction with the 12 key.  I had tried it with all the keys 'ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Shift' but none of them worked.  Not sure why it is now working but I am not going to fool with it anymore.

HP Recommended

اوجه مشكله فى تسطيب الوير ليس للجهاز 

HP Recommended
after installing this drover its still not working on my G62-b10SA i have tried lots of drivers and i still cant solve the problem. Need help please
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.