Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recently,I decided to buy a HP Pavilion dv7 with Atheros AR 5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter..

The issue is that my WiFi won't work.My router is Huawei HG 530, with WiFi 802.11 b+g+n setting..

When I bought it and came home,and tried connecting to Home network, it worked for 30 minutes,then all of sudden the yellow triangle appeared,and the laptop connects to WiFi sucesfully,but I cannot open any web pages,I've even tried pinging some pages,without luck,just time-outs..

I've installed  driver [ http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-78603-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&... ]

But the driver didn't fixed it.

Also tried changing settings of router,didn't worked..

Can someone help me with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Fixed,thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thank you it worked perfect....

HP Recommended

Tried the free windows 10 upgrade and after i reverted back to win7 the wifi radio will not tun on have tried the hp assistant and still no luck. i have uninstalled the wifi card and drivers and reinstalled card and drivers and still no luck.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&CC_0280

is shown under hardware id#

HP Recommended

Hi, @Kytazdevil :

See if this driver works...

This package contains drivers required to enable functionality of the Intel wireless LAN adapter on supported notebooks with supported operating systems. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53540.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.