Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa1000 (771S7AV)

I am having an issue while opening a web page from Chrome. It shows a connection error, and the web page is in basic HTML form. I turned off the extensions I am using, but nothing has changed. I use Grammarly, momentum, and HP network check launcher. Can you please tell me what to do? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Shahinur04 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing connectivity issues with your Victus by HP gaming laptop when trying to access web pages through Google Chrome, even with extensions disabled. 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check Internet Connection: Make sure your laptop is properly connected to the internet. Try accessing other websites or using other internet-dependent applications to see if the issue persists. If you're on Wi-Fi, ensure that you have a stable connection.
  • Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, accumulated cache and cookies can cause browsing issues. Go to Chrome settings, navigate to "Privacy and security," then click on "Clear browsing data." Select the time range and items you want to clear, then click "Clear data."
  • Flush DNS Cache: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Press Enter. This command will flush the DNS resolver cache, which might resolve DNS-related issues.
  • Reset Chrome Settings: If clearing cache and cookies didn't work, try resetting Chrome settings. Go to Chrome settings, scroll down to the bottom, and click on "Advanced." Under the "Reset and clean up" section, click "Restore settings to their original defaults" and confirm.
  • Update Network Drivers: Outdated or corrupted network drivers can cause connectivity problems. Go to the Device Manager, expand the "Network adapters" section, right-click on your network adapter, and select "Update driver." Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
  • Disable Proxy Settings: Sometimes, proxy settings can interfere with your internet connection. Go to Chrome settings, click on "Advanced," then "System." Disable the option "Use a proxy server" if it's enabled.
  • Temporarily Disable Firewall and Antivirus: Your firewall or antivirus software might be blocking Chrome's access to the internet. Temporarily disable them and check if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, you may need to adjust your firewall or antivirus settings to allow Chrome.
  • Check for System Updates: Make sure your operating system and Chrome browser are up-to-date. Install any pending updates and restart your laptop.

Refer to this document: Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa1000

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Shahinur04 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing connectivity issues with your Victus by HP gaming laptop when trying to access web pages through Google Chrome, even with extensions disabled. 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check Internet Connection: Make sure your laptop is properly connected to the internet. Try accessing other websites or using other internet-dependent applications to see if the issue persists. If you're on Wi-Fi, ensure that you have a stable connection.
  • Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, accumulated cache and cookies can cause browsing issues. Go to Chrome settings, navigate to "Privacy and security," then click on "Clear browsing data." Select the time range and items you want to clear, then click "Clear data."
  • Flush DNS Cache: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Press Enter. This command will flush the DNS resolver cache, which might resolve DNS-related issues.
  • Reset Chrome Settings: If clearing cache and cookies didn't work, try resetting Chrome settings. Go to Chrome settings, scroll down to the bottom, and click on "Advanced." Under the "Reset and clean up" section, click "Restore settings to their original defaults" and confirm.
  • Update Network Drivers: Outdated or corrupted network drivers can cause connectivity problems. Go to the Device Manager, expand the "Network adapters" section, right-click on your network adapter, and select "Update driver." Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
  • Disable Proxy Settings: Sometimes, proxy settings can interfere with your internet connection. Go to Chrome settings, click on "Advanced," then "System." Disable the option "Use a proxy server" if it's enabled.
  • Temporarily Disable Firewall and Antivirus: Your firewall or antivirus software might be blocking Chrome's access to the internet. Temporarily disable them and check if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, you may need to adjust your firewall or antivirus settings to allow Chrome.
  • Check for System Updates: Make sure your operating system and Chrome browser are up-to-date. Install any pending updates and restart your laptop.

Refer to this document: Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa1000

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.