Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laptop Computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My friend has a one year old HP laptop she purchased from the QVC shopping network. Wifi has been working fine until yesterday. Troubleshooting the problem says wifi needs to be enabled. There is no wifi FN key on her keyboard, nor is there a wifi hardware switch. How do you enable wifi on her computer?  (QVC computer support has been of no help.)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The default key is F12..

Hope it helps

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

The Fn 12 key contols airplane mode on this keyboard.

HP Recommended

@jfgrauer wrote:

The Fn 12 key contols airplane mode on this keyboard.

Hi,

Kindly press it again. If Wifi did not start just press F12 without Fn.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

First, thank you for trying to help resolve this problem. I should have been more specific in my original description of the problem. There is a totally seperate line of Fn keys that only have one capability. Each key in the line has only one function, which is labeled. It is not necessary to press the Fn key itself to activate the particular Fn labeled on the key. I did try pressing the key twice as well as pressing it in combination with the actual Fn key. When I press it twice, the "airplane mode is activated and then deactivated on the 2nd press. When I press it in combination with the actual Fn key, there is no change from pressing it by itself.

HP Recommended

Anyone? This issue remains unresolved.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.