Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not only does it have to be the same model, but it also has to have the HP part number on one of the stickers on the card, or it won't work.

The manual has 2 of these combo cards listed:

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo

adapter (BT3.0+HS ready)        HP Part # 600370-001

Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo

Adapter                                          HP Part # 657325-001

The notebook will not boot until the unsupported card is removed. That is the normal error.

Paul

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Not only does it have to be the same model, but it also has to have the HP part number on one of the stickers on the card, or it won't work.

Funny that you mention that. I replaced the Broadcom 4313gn 1x1 with the Intel 2x2 (Intel 6205agn), ordered from HP. The card came without any HP reference. It just looks like a bog standard Intel card, with no HP part number whatsoever.
I would hazard a guess that you have to match the exact type number from the original manufacturer, the HP sticker is just a reference for ordering the card from their stocks.
This is a picture of the card currently in my HP ProBook 6360b notebook computer, it works like a charm.

http://www.rsme.nl/hp6360b-intel6205.jpg

HP Recommended

This is craxy I have spent no less than 12 hours on this. It is not even my laptop I am doing a favor for a friend. Something should have taken 30 minutes tops is killing me because I can not figure out what the issue is.

This is the exact  card i bought- Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo

Adapter HP Part # 657325-001. The card actually has a sticker on it that has all these part numbers

In fact  I got off of ebay ebay the seller has been no help.  http://tinyurl.com/7a9exvd

I also tried a HP 602992 Ralink RT3090BC4 WiFi b/g/n & BT  which is also on the approvved list and I got the same error.

The laptop is running windows 7 64bit . I do not know enough about windows 7 to know if this error is from the driver not being installed or if this is a bios based error, or if something else is going on. I read that HP has a white list of software built into the bios. I have upgraded the bios to the latest version and it still does not work. When I try to load the drivers for bluetooth 4.0 support it errors out, and says that it does not detect a bluetooth device.

HP Recommended

Hi:

It is a BIOS based error. The notebook isn't even getting to the OS.

Yes there is a BIOS whitelist, and the part number should have worked in that notebook (according to the manual).

You did everything right.

I have no idea why it won't work.

The bad news is that if the notebook is out of warranty, HP won't help without charging you for support.

My recomendation is to give up, and return the original WLAN card into the notebook.

If the original WLAN card is broken, then replace it with the exact same part & part number.

Unless you know how, or can find someone who knows how to circumvent the BIOS check, you won't be able to install those cards--even though you shouldn't have to.

Paul

HP Recommended

this wireless card is naff

the max thoughput hasnt increased even with the new driver on it the max i can get is 55mbps?????

i thought wireless "N" was 300mbps on 2.4ghz and also on 5ghz

and every now and then the wireless wont work on a netgear router. my vmdg480 and also an adsl2+ dgn3500 both netgear and majority of the time it wont connect on 2 routers

but a dlink and a tplink works perfectly

just shows limmited access

sent it back to hp tech support logistics and they sent it back saying everything is working perfectly !!!!!! what

im blooming annoyed with this heap of sh1te

im going to either look for another wireless card looking at one recommended in the posts above

or  im just gunna ditch this peice of rubbish and get a proper laptop

HP Recommended

I have installed already through the HP Support Assistant

At least it is not the Toshiba Real Tek wireless card that is terrible, I bought a Toshiba early this year had to return it the Wireless kept dropping  after several refreshes updated the driver called Toshiba and they admited they have an issue but are deciding not to have a national recall- pretty sad 

So far touch the wireless performance has been very solid with my  G6 with this update 

HP Recommended

I have had sijmilar connect problems with the BCM4313. 

I have a desktop PC with a Realtek RTL8187 wireless card and an HP dv7-4183cl laptop with the BCM4313 wireless card.   I am using a D-Link WBR2310 wireless router.  There was never a PC or laptop connect issue with WEP.   I changed to WPA or WPA2, and the laptop connect problems began,  The PC never exhibited a connect problem.  As with other people, after about 12 hours, the wireless router had to be reset in orger to establish laptop wireless connection.

After a week of internet searches, I set the wireless channel to 11 and enabled a fixed IP address for the laptop.  Problem appears solved.  The laptop requires about 45 seconds to establish a connection with WAP2, but it does work. 

Even when the laptop wouldn't connect to my router, it would connect to my neighbors networks, which it could see.  Sounds like a router issue, doesn't it?

My son purchased a Linksys E3200 for his home.  I tried it on my network, and all my problems disappeared.  I purchased an E3200 for my network.  After one week, all is great.  Stable network, instant connections and slightly faster downloads.  An E1200 may work, but I did not want to try something different.

All of you who are having trouble, try a new router.

Good luck.

HP Recommended
since i change my laptop 620 from window7 starter to ultimate, my wireless only worked d first day and it has not been working till this moment. Pls help me
HP Recommended
Is the BCM 4313 dual band ? I always get a 72mb connection on my cisco E4200.

Other network devices connect properly at about 200-300mb.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.