Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,352 Views)

Mini 110-3015dx Wireless drivers for XP Pro not working

I bought an HP Mini 110-3015dx with Windows 7 starter pre-installed.  I have since swapped out the HD and loaded XP Pro onto the mini (by slipstreaming the SATA drivers -- what a pain). 

Anyway -- I started looking for the drivers for the hardware, and the driver .exe that HP lists for the machine for the WLAN won't work.  I run the executable, restart, and nothing -- no new network adapter shows up.  I've tried mapping the driver directly to the extracted folder that's created in c:\SWSETUP, but there are no configuration files (only cabs and executables), so I cannot manually add the driver.

Does anyone know the chipset and have a link to the drivers so I can manually map them to the unrecognized devices?  Or is there some other fix?  As much as I like Windows 7, I need XP on this machine.

thanks,

WLH

Student
Message 2 of 4 (925 Views)

Re: Mini 110-3015dx Wireless drivers for XP Pro not working

it does this same thing when you upgard to the full windows 7 - even though that is what HP recommends you do. Then HP will tell you to spend $60 for them to fix the problem - becasue this computer is not compatable with anything other than the windows 7 starter - its just a way for HP to make more money once you buy the product.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]

Search the web for "sp48867" and you should find "Atheros Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows XP".  After much search, trial and error, this finally worked.

Best of luck.

Student
Message 4 of 4 (30 Views)

i was looking around for it myself

i found the driver here.  havent tested it yet but it is the right number

http://www.helpjet.net/Fs-83299126-55358488-22405736.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation