Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Problems on HP ProBook 6560b, 12GB of memory,  after installation of Windows 11 Pro:

- No Wifi.  (network adapter card is 'Broadcom 802.11n' visible in device manager?

- Fingerprint reader does not work.  (not visible in device manager)?

Unable to find compatible drivers, can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What OS version was running on this before the upgrade? HOW did you do the upgrade -- was it offered through Windows Update? If so, how long ago was this? Asking because MS allows you to back out of an update within a very limited period of time.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

This laptop was removed from a business that upgraded all their PC''s and laptop's. Most likely it was connected with an ethernet cable (not using WIFI and was probably using Windows 7.

I installed Windows 11 Pro from a USB key created with RUFUS and the ISO file downloaded from Microsoft after obtaining a license.

I have no intent to fallback to Windows 7. Windows 11 is working fine on the unit.

For the time being, I am using a USB wifi adapter (Dual Band WiFi + Bluetooth 5) or I connect via an Ethernet cable.

I would prefer using the integrated WIFI card if I can get it to work.

For the Fingerprint, it is no big deal if I cannot get it to work.

HP Recommended

The problem with using an ISO from MS is that it will only have the generic drivers provided by MS, not the custom ones needed for the custom hardware in the laptop.  Only install media from HP will have those drivers.  As a result, some hardware is simply not going to work properly now.

You could try checking with the HP online site to see if it has drivers but only the very newest models have Win11 drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.