Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Smasung 60" Smart TV and a Win 10 PC.  I tried projecting my PC to the TV but did nit work.  The PC shows the TV as a device and when I tried projecting it tried but failed.

Does anyone have a suggestion to get it to work?

HP ENVY 15t Quad TouchSmart
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @neil154154

Thank you for posting back.

I recommend you to check the TV specification for that info or contact your TV manufacturer phone support.

Hope that answers your question.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @neil154154

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to connect your computer to your smart TV wirelessly.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below document from Samsung to provides the steps in detail to connect your laptop and the TV wirelessly.

http://hp.care/2cpW5Mz

Looking forward to your reply and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link you provided but the link that says to update the Intel WiDi is no longer available, do you have an updated link for it?

HP Recommended

Hi @neil154154

You can download and install all the drivers for your computer from the below link.

http://hp.com/drivers

Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HP drivers listed did not include an Intel WiDi(see attached).  I did run the HP Assistant and it found no updates but I also did not see any Intel Widi app.  Please adviseHP Drivers 1.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @neil154154

The intel WiDi drive will be listed only if you have the intel wireless card on your computer.

Please provide me the product number and the exact model of your computer so that I can check and inform the exact wireless card installed on your computer.

Looking forward to your reply.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My product number is G0T59AV and serial number [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi @neil154154

Thanks for the information.

I check your product specification and see that your computer is not WiDi compatible.

However, you can still connect your laptop wirelessly to your TV, if your TV supports Mira cast or chrome cast functions.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I do not have a Chrome Cast.  How do I know if my TV is Mira compatible.  It is a Smasung Smart TV about 2 years old.  When I try "projecting" from my PC is does see the TV but doe not connect.

HP Recommended

Hi @neil154154

I recommend you to check the TV specification for that info or contact your TV manufacturer phone support.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.