Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 - f053us
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion 17 - f053us laptop with a AMD processor. Is it still possible to replace my current adapter card with a AC adapter card? I seen a "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 combo adapter" (only for Intel) and "Broadcom BCM 4352 WLAN 802.11 AC+BT4 2x2HMC" in the maunal. Could I use any of those adapters? Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Broadcom is said to be only for 15 inch models.

Broadcom BCM 4352 WLAN 802.11 AC+BT4 2x2HMC for HP Pavilion 15 AMD computer models available for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 724935-005

Not sure why. There is no physical reason the card would not fit and work in your laptop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AzureWave-Broadcom-BCM94352HMB-802-11ac-867Mbps-WLAN-BT-4-0-Half-Mini-PCIE-C...

Your laptop is not encumered with the dreaded HP whitelist so you can install any version of the wireless card, does not have to be the HP Part number. The Intel cards do not work with AMD processors so the Broadcom "AzureWave" 802.11ac is your best bet. 

If you have looked at the Manual you know that this is not a real easy upgrade to do. If you need more help post back. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The Broadcom is said to be only for 15 inch models.

Broadcom BCM 4352 WLAN 802.11 AC+BT4 2x2HMC for HP Pavilion 15 AMD computer models available for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 724935-005

Not sure why. There is no physical reason the card would not fit and work in your laptop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AzureWave-Broadcom-BCM94352HMB-802-11ac-867Mbps-WLAN-BT-4-0-Half-Mini-PCIE-C...

Your laptop is not encumered with the dreaded HP whitelist so you can install any version of the wireless card, does not have to be the HP Part number. The Intel cards do not work with AMD processors so the Broadcom "AzureWave" 802.11ac is your best bet. 

If you have looked at the Manual you know that this is not a real easy upgrade to do. If you need more help post back. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Okay, thank you. I'll try that out first and see if it does work!
HP Recommended
It does work! Thanks again!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.