Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-dk0002dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to obtain the internet speed available from my provider. Spectrum service is at 600MBPS.
Laptop Realtek RTL8723DE wireless card is not capable of the 5G speed.
Our cell phones can connect via 5G wireless and normally attain speeds between 450 & 500MBPS.

I have connected the laptop directly to the modem... With no improvement.
My Network interface Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN card never reaches beyond a speed of 150MPBS.
I hope someone here can assist me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @FredB1001,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing slower-than-expected Ethernet speeds on your HP Notebook. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve your Ethernet connection.

• Check Ethernet Cable: Ensure that you're using a high-quality Ethernet cable capable of Gigabit speeds (Cat 5e or Cat 6). Sometimes faulty or old cables can limit your connection speed.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Realtek RTL8723DE wireless card and your LAN card. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause performance issues.
  • Check LAN Port: Try using a different LAN port on your modem/router. Sometimes certain ports can have issues or limitations.
  • Check Modem/Router Settings: Log in to your modem/router's settings interface and ensure that the Ethernet port you're using is set to Gigabit speed. Sometimes they can be set to lower speeds for compatibility reasons.
  • Disable Power Saving: In your laptop's power settings, make sure that power-saving features are disabled for your Ethernet adapter. These features can sometimes throttle connection speeds to save power.
  • Check for Interference: Make sure there are no physical obstructions or sources of interference near your Ethernet cable or modem/router that could be affecting the connection.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your modem/router. Sometimes firmware updates can improve performance and stability.

By going through these steps, you should hopefully be able to improve your Ethernet connection speed on your HP Notebook.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @FredB1001,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing slower-than-expected Ethernet speeds on your HP Notebook. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve your Ethernet connection.

• Check Ethernet Cable: Ensure that you're using a high-quality Ethernet cable capable of Gigabit speeds (Cat 5e or Cat 6). Sometimes faulty or old cables can limit your connection speed.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Realtek RTL8723DE wireless card and your LAN card. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause performance issues.
  • Check LAN Port: Try using a different LAN port on your modem/router. Sometimes certain ports can have issues or limitations.
  • Check Modem/Router Settings: Log in to your modem/router's settings interface and ensure that the Ethernet port you're using is set to Gigabit speed. Sometimes they can be set to lower speeds for compatibility reasons.
  • Disable Power Saving: In your laptop's power settings, make sure that power-saving features are disabled for your Ethernet adapter. These features can sometimes throttle connection speeds to save power.
  • Check for Interference: Make sure there are no physical obstructions or sources of interference near your Ethernet cable or modem/router that could be affecting the connection.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your modem/router. Sometimes firmware updates can improve performance and stability.

By going through these steps, you should hopefully be able to improve your Ethernet connection speed on your HP Notebook.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.