03-19-2017 06:03 PM
I've been trying to dowload the software to use this product. I've downloaded it a few times now, and each time I do I'm instructed to restart the laptop, and when it restarts there is no sign of anything having been downloaded.
03-20-2017 01:51 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Wireless Mouse x3000. I read that you're trying to download the software for this mouse a few times and after restarting the laptop, there is no sign of anything that's been downloaded. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Are you downloading the software from the HP website for this mouse?
- Is it the same software as shown in this link?
- Is the mouse pointer detected and is the mouse working fine otherwise?
Meanwhile, I did some research and found that there is actually no software that can be used with this mouse. The drivers available online at the HP website are the drivers (This package provides the driver for the HP 3005 pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator and also provides the video, audio, and network drivers. This package is available for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.) Supported device is HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator.
I would suggest to use your HP mouse without any drivers. The plug and play option in Windows will make the mouse work fine.
The details steps to setup the mouse with images are available in this link.
I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers!
I am an HP Employee
Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)