Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (626 Views)

WiFi will not turn on.

WiFi will not turn on.  Hp Pavilion dv6 notebook, windows 7, 64 bit.

Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (606 Views)

Re: WiFi will not turn on.

Hi,
too little information to give you any direct solution. however most issues are solved by driver updates. try updating WIFI, Quick launch driver and chipset drivers... steps below

Please visit www.hp.com/in and select suport & drivers>drivers & softwares> type the the complete model of your PC such as dv6-6100 dv6-3100 etc... select your computer model (if listed), or select the CTO(such as dv6-6100 CTO) model(which works for whole series) now select the OS you are running. you have the list of drivers for your PC.

hope it helps, Good Luck !!!

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
Student
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

Hello I have HP 15-g023cl Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR), My wifi is an amber color. Anytime I click it is says Airplane mode on, click it again, airplane mode off.

When I go into network settings to click the wifi button from off, it will not change at all. I have used my device manager, and all drivers are functioning and updated. I have gone to the HP Software and Driver Download and re downloaded ALL drivers available to my PC...

I do not know why this happened, I do not know how to fix it...any suggestions?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (58 Views)

Hi @jenn Strete,

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are no longer connected to the Wi-Fi network though you've reinstalled the drivers, Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to resolve the issue:

* Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link

* Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.

* Now try to connect to the internet wirelessly. * For further assistance, click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Biswajeet
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation