10-17-2012 10:36 PM
too little information to give you any direct solution. however most issues are solved by driver updates. try updating WIFI, Quick launch driver and chipset drivers... steps below
Please visit www.hp.com/in and select suport & drivers>drivers & softwares> type the the complete model of your PC such as dv6-6100 dv6-3100 etc... select your computer model (if listed), or select the CTO(such as dv6-6100 CTO) model(which works for whole series) now select the OS you are running. you have the list of drivers for your PC.
hope it helps, Good Luck !!!
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
11-02-2016 01:15 AM
Hello I have HP 15-g023cl Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR), My wifi is an amber color. Anytime I click it is says Airplane mode on, click it again, airplane mode off.
When I go into network settings to click the wifi button from off, it will not change at all. I have used my device manager, and all drivers are functioning and updated. I have gone to the HP Software and Driver Download and re downloaded ALL drivers available to my PC...
I do not know why this happened, I do not know how to fix it...any suggestions?
11-03-2016 04:38 PM
Hi @jenn Strete,
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you are no longer connected to the Wi-Fi network though you've reinstalled the drivers, Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to resolve the issue:
* Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link
* Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.
* Now try to connect to the internet wirelessly. * For further assistance, click here
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)