Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 (3Y838AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have reviewed many of the posts regarding power management, however, my Windows 11 menu does not include a "Power Management" tab. Alos, I do not believe the issue is related to "Sleep" or "Hibernate". The connection goes on and of randomly even while working. When I use the ethernet connection I have no issues.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Funbar85,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems you're experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with your HP Spectre x360 13.5-inch laptop while using Wi-Fi, but not when connected via Ethernet. This kind of issue can be frustrating, and it sounds like you're not seeing the options you need in the typical "Power Management" settings within Windows 11.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps and settings adjustments that might help resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity problems:

Update Wi-Fi Drivers:

• Go to the "Device Manager" by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting it from the menu.
  • Expand the "Network adapters" section, find your Wi-Fi adapter, right-click it, and select "Update driver". Choose "Search automatically for drivers" and let Windows find and install any updates.

Power Management Settings for Network Adapter:

• While you're still in the Device Manager, right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter under Network adapters.
  • Go to "Properties", then navigate to the "Power Management" tab. Here, make sure the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked. This prevents Windows from turning off the Wi-Fi adapter to save power, which can sometimes cause intermittent connectivity.

Change Power Plan Settings:

• Open Control Panel (you can search for it in the Start menu).
  • Go to "Hardware and Sound" > "Power Options". Click on "Edit plan settings" next to your chosen power plan.
  • Click on "Change advanced power settings". Expand the "Wireless Adapter Settings" and then expand "Power Saving Mode". Set it to "Maximum Performance" for both "On battery" and "Plugged in".

Network Troubleshooter:

• Use the built-in Windows troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network issues. Go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters and run the "Internet Connections" troubleshooter.

Check for Interference and Range Issues:

• Consider the physical placement of your Wi-Fi router. Devices like microwaves, cordless phones, and even large metal objects can interfere with Wi-Fi signals. Also, try to ensure that the laptop is within a good range of the router.

Reset Network Settings:

• If none of the above works, you might want to reset your network settings. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced network settings > Network reset.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.