Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 (3Y838AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I use my Spectre for home office. I need two monitors to look up info, while in a Teams meeting. I use MS Wireless Display Adapter 4k to connect with my monitor, since I don't have a docking station nor an HDMI cable that goes into my Spectre.

I noticed that I was not able to participate effectively in Teams meetings, with this configuration, because the screens froze every few seconds, making the sounds undecipherable. I called my provider's helpdesk to see whether it was my modem. We ended up using the network adapter on the 5MHz band to increase bandwidth. But the MS Wireless Display Adapter connects with 2.5 MHz only. Speedtest results:

Fresh start (no preference for band): down: 71.8 Mbps up: 31.2 Mbps

After connection with WDA: down: 21.4 Mbps up:27.9 Mbps

After connecting with VMWare: down: 21.3 Mbps up: 29.9 Mbps

After VMWare in full screen mode on WDA connected monitor: down: 19.4 up: 27.6 Mbps

After disconnecting MS WDA (!): down: 17.9 Mbps up: 30.7 Mbps (download speed is not returned to the earlier value!!!)

After setting preferred band=5MHz: down: 9.8 Mbps up: 14.1 (both speeds have halved!!!)

After restart with the last settings: down: 65.1 Mbps up: 30.7 Mbps.

My conclusion so far: MS WDA sucks! I need a wired docking station to connect with two monitors.

Am I doing something wrong here? Why does HP advertise its support for Miracast/WDA if it makes the laptop's wifi connection unusable.

A solution/help would be appreciated!

BR

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: it’s not a problem with the Wireless Display Adapter! The same problem occurred when I connected with a wired docking station 💸💸
Analyzing the surrounding wifi signals made me wonder about the neighbor’s wifi signal, but I couldn’t see a clear pattern. I discussed it briefly with him. Then, for three days, I had no connection problems anymore. So I informed my neighbor that, somehow, I had found the settings where my wifi would remain operating. The n he told me he had switched his TP-Link router off, in the meantime. I wanted to test whether that was the culprit, so, I asked him to turn it back on… And within two hours, my wifi download connection was reduced to zero! (Upload remained intact, but I couldn’t connect to the speedtest server anymore.)

Wifi problems are a lot more difficult to analyze. Is it his TP-Link? Is it my Fritz!Box (although my kids had no problem continuing their games while I had no internet in my homeoffice)? No, it was not the kids gaming, because it happened also during periods that the kids are not allowed to play on their iPads. So, either the TP-Link device interferes with my laptop directly, or the router and device positions in the house and between the houses is such that my laptop is slowly cut off from our home router.

HP Recommended

Hi @whiterabbit64

Welcome to the HP Support Community. We want to help you with it. 

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.