Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs027ng FHD N3060 [...]
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Howdy fellow HP community 🙂

I have purchased the HP 15-bs027ng FHD N3060 4GB 128SSD DVD FreeDOS for private use and installed Windows 7 SP1 on it, as Windows 10 is not an option for me.

Now the HP driver support page related to this product only linked me to downloads for Windows 10 drivers for this product, which I tried anyway, but which wouldn't work and left the devices in the device manager unidentified, which led me to search for drivers and driver installation help tools elsewhere. I found drivers that'd make all other devices of the laptop work properly, such as USB drivers, sound drivers, etc. What I did not manage to fix is the following error:

Capture6.PNGgrafik.png

"Turn on wireless capability   Use the switch on the front or side of the computer, or function keys if available, to enable wireless capability on this computer."

The driver lets me use the internet via cable fine. I am currently writing this very post that way.

Furthermore the Plane Mode button on "fn + f12" does not seem to be doing anything and I have not seen a Plane Mode function in Win7 as opposed to Win10 before anyway.

Where does the problem lie and is it fixable without having to resort to installing Windows 10?

Could there be a Wifi-switch on my device that I'd have missed?

Windows 7 is fully up to date and does not find any further upgrades by the way.

Thank you very much for your attention and help and I am happy to provide more pictures and info if it would be of any help with resolving my issue.

Greetings,

Lisa

EDIT: edited as instructed 17.03.19, 11:52am

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @Lisalii 

Way to much information.

Please edit your post and remove your Serial Number.

REO

HP Recommended

I hope I edited the post as instructed.

HP Recommended

Hi

I would try the HP Wireless Button Driver to enable F12.

I am sure you know the support page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-bs000-laptop-pc/15551412/model/17320108

You could make a DVD/USB from here...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-bs000-laptop-pc/15551412/model/17320108

and try it as a LIVE version, that does not install until wanted.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the replies!

As aforementioned the HP support page only provides drivers for Windows 10  64bit, as can be seen here:

Capture8.PNG

I tried downloading the driver from here, as you suggested, anyway:

Capture9.PNG

However this is the error message I receive if I try either of the drivers:

Capture7.PNG

I wonder whether this may be due to incompatability with my OS in the first place and if that were the case, then where may I find a driver for the HP Wireless Button, compatible with Windows7 as well as my product model?

HP Recommended

Hi, @Lisalii 

The model wifi card your notebook has will not work on W7 unless you remove the card and mask a couple of the contacts.

See this discussion below for the contacts to mask.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-button-radio-driver/m-p/6821...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.