Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
XP Pavilion X360 13-U033CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new laptop while in the first configuration setup can't connect to any of my 3 WiFi routers - it connect only to either a shared Wifi connection with Iphone or Ipad.    Then after passing through the initial Windows 10 configuration i went back resetting all routers and trying the first and the second.  The laptop connect and connection is secured but no internet.  While looking at IPCONFIG i notice that everytime the laptop does an autoconfigurated IP adress of course non routable on my network.  Exactlky like if DHCP messages from the routers are corrupt.  But the laptop connect very well if i remove the security on any router.

I updated the Intel wireless driver to the last version.

Prefered wireless router is a DLINK 611 in WPA2  and the other is a Bell router in WPA2-PSK

This problem is driving me nuts...  someone has a clue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Northcaptain,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that on the initial setup you were unable to connect to your home network. You were able to connect to a shared connection on the iPhone or iPad. Once the setup was complete, you restarted all the routers and were able to connect to the first and second router but the connection was limited. Please review this post by @Great-DeKu Tree  Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues Please let me know the results..

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Northcaptain,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that on the initial setup you were unable to connect to your home network. You were able to connect to a shared connection on the iPhone or iPad. Once the setup was complete, you restarted all the routers and were able to connect to the first and second router but the connection was limited. Please review this post by @Great-DeKu Tree  Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues Please let me know the results..

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Yes thanks it did work, i had to change the adapter setting for "powering off".   But HP should disable that parameter by default on new computers to save support hurdle on this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.