Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I commented earlier that this solution did not work for me.  After continuing, I realized that I still had my HP 6100 software installed.  I had replaced that unit with a new  all in one.  I uninstalled the 6100 software from the laptop and all is working fine now. 

Thanks,

ken

HP Recommended

I installed a Photosmart 7520 wireless printer on my Inspiron 600 XP Laptop and I cannot get rid of the HPNetworkCommunicatorCom that keeps popping up every few seconds. It drives me crazy. I do not have this problem on my Inspiron 1500 with Windows 7 Laptop hooked up to the same wireless printer. Can you please help.

HP Recommended

hello, and thanks for the post.  I am not able to save it in the bin folder (of HP).  any ideas why?   thanks

PS I have spend numerous hours on many forums, as this is more annoying than getting a virus...:)  any help is highly highly appreciated.  thanks again

HP Recommended

This appears to have fixed the problem, but I still can't communicate with the printer from an XP Station. It connects via USB just fine, although not all options are available, and I can print. I can connect to the GUI of the "Network" printer with all options available, but when I select something I get the connection error. Strangely that is the same interface I used to take the corrective measure you outlined in your post.

So, the variables are, 1. Using an XP machine; 2. Having it connected via USB AND also via Network. But when I unplug the USB, the XP machine can't use it via the network. A Windows 7 machine has no problem using it via the network.

Any thoughts on why the XP PC cannot find it on the network? When I try to print a document, both USB and Network are available.

TIA!

HP Recommended

Yeah I just got off the phone with HP Support and they told me this printer is not compatible with Windows XP with regards to using it via LAN or Wireless Network. They told me to delete the network install and use USB.

HP Recommended

Well Explained. Works for all kinds of printers. Even regular tech support may not solve on first chat with them.

HP Recommended

HPNetworkCommunicator suddenly started taking up 30%+ of my processor power (W10).   I switched off the printer (Photosmart 7520) and switched it on again.   So far it seems to be ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.