Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

We recetnly upgardde our home internet. Not knowing any better, we assumed our wireless adapters would suppor 1Gig speeds. Unfortnuately the Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac pcie adapter does not. Is there a pcie network adapter that is compatible with my pc (Envy desktop TE01-1020) that achieves those internet speeds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

I have one of those very same cards in one of my HP notebooks and it works just fine on W11.

Intel has the latest drivers for it at the link below.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

The RTL8822CE Wi-Fi card has a maximum throughput of 867 MBPS.

If you want to do a direct swap for the RTL8822CE Wi-Fi card, you can replace it with this one:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part number L35282-005.

You can find this model Wi-Fi card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

Specs on the Intel AX200:

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200

This service video has the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP ENVY Desktop TE01-000 | HP Computer Service | @HPSupport - YouTube

The actual Wi-Fi card removal procedure starts at minute 9:06.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Paul.

I will check that out (I'm npt too sure I really trust eBay, but again, thank you!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I saw that (grin). Of couorse it does say Windows 10 (I have win 11), but I'm not sure I see a real problem there.

Thansk again!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

I have one of those very same cards in one of my HP notebooks and it works just fine on W11.

Intel has the latest drivers for it at the link below.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

HP Recommended

Paul, you've been a REALLY big help! Thank you so much!

I owe you! <grin>

Stay safe, now.

Peace;

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how your PC's Wi-Fi card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

Hi, Paul;

Received the new adapter from amazon on Monday, and "the Kid" (he's 35!) and I installed it this evening. Other than trying to get the antenna wires snapped onto the new adapter it went really slick.

Once I rebooted, and reconnected to the newtwork (I had to re-enter my router passcode again), I went to update the drivers (I had downloaded the two you showed me previously). Apparently, Windows 11 beat me to it. It said the best drivers for the wi-fi and the bluetooth were already installed (and they matched the drivers I had downloaded). OK, fine with me!

Upload speeds scream - almost a full GBPs. Download not quite so fast, but still about 700Mbps (best I could do previously was about 500Mbps). That said, I am satisfied - all for about $12.00.

Again, Paul, thank you so much! Stay safe!

Peace;

Wes

HP Recommended

Anytime, Wes.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know how your PC's Wi-Fi card upgrade project went.

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.